- Thirty-four years of “hands on” production experience in the video, TV/film & radio industries
- Twenty-six years of professional journalism
- Professional author of published fiction and poetry
- Extensive technical knowledge of a wide variety of video and audio equipment
- Quickly learn new applications; capable of handling multiple job assignments
- Self-motivated and energetic, demanding discipline and dedication from self and crew
- Thrive on fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
AWARDS & NOMINATIONS:
Writers of the Future – Honorable Mention (4th Quarter) “Fiery Fairie Tempered” – 2017
John L. Balderston Writing Award – 1st Place “Dr. Frankenstein’s Van Helsing” – 2004
Best New TV Program Crystal Award Nominee – “Pet Talk” – 1993
Best TV Program Crystal Award Nominee – “Pet Talk” – 1993
National Quill & Scroll Award Recipient – 1987
MENA STAR NEWSPAPERS, Mena, AR 09/2014 – 01/2015
* Staff writer/photographer primarily for the weekly newspaper The Mena Star. Also supplied news articles and photos for The Waldron News, The Mansfield Citizen and The De Queen Bee
ARKANSAS WILDLIFE FEDERATION, Little Rock, AR 10/2010-10/2014
* Acting Executive Director and Editor for AWF’s newspaper Arkansas Out-of-Doors. Also write articles and take photos for the newspaper and the website as well as maintain the website and Facebook pages.
IVIE & ASSOCIATES, Flower Mound, TX 1/2007-8/2008
* Broadcast Coordinator-handling coordination of TV & Radio productions plus placement of commercials on TV and Radio nationwide; writing/editing copy; editing w/FCE.
POPSYNDICATE.COM, Dallas, TX 04/2005-Present
* Article Writer/Reviewer
HEROREALM.COM, Dallas,TX 06/2003-03/2005
* Article Writer/Reviewer
AT&T BROADBAND/TCI CABLEVISION, Dallas, TX Metroplex 1998-2002
*Producer/Director, operating 2 studios and 12 cities
IMAGINE MEDIA , Carrollton, Texas 1998
* Script Writer/Producer & Recording Engineer
PRECISION INDUSTRIES, Dallas, Texas 1/97-4/97
*A/V director, Telecommunications and computer technician
J & S AUDIO VISUAL, Dallas, Texas 3/94 – 12/94
* Technical Engineer
HARDER BEAT, Dallas,Texas 1993-1998
* Staff Writer/National Event Coordinator
MEDIA WORLD TELEVISION, Dallas, Texas 1994-1996
* Videographer/Sr. Editor for America’s Very Best on USA Network.
* Videographer/Sr. Editor for World Business: 2000 on The Discovery Channel.
KXRJ, Russellville, Arkansas 1988-1992
* Provide musical background for assorted news clips and commercials for this radio station.
ARKANSAS TECH UNIVERSITY, Russellville, Arkansas 1986 – 1989
* Responsible for scoring and performing music for TV programs, audio engineer, timekeeper, and TBC operator.
Also involved with set design, lighting, camerawork, switcher and character generator.
ARKANSAS TECH UNIVERSITY, Russellville, Arkansas
Degree Program: Broadcast Journalism
RUSSELLVILLE HIGH SCHOOL, Russellville, Arkansas
Graduated 1987. Received numerous awards for musical ability, marching band, five-piece ensemble, and creative writing. Listed on honor roll.